Welcome to my journey, or nightmare, we'll see how it goes. If this is your first time here you might want to start at the bottom and read up.

Monday, September 13, 2010

It's Raining Men...



Words cannot describe my anger over the past couple weeks after finishing the wire-brushing and sand-blasting. The only times the weather was nice I was working or had other obligations. Literally it would be gorgeous all day while I was in the office, but the moment I would get home from work it would cloud over and start to sprinkle. It will be nice once the job is moved into my shop so I am no longer a slave to the weather.

Ranting aside it was finally nice today after work so I got a coat of red primer on the underside of the frame. Will then have to flip it back right-side up and paint the top and touch up the sides. Have already decided the final colour will be black to match the "undercoating" that will protect the plywood floor, but otherwise this red primer doesn't look half bad. I haven't touched the wheel hubs yet as I think I'll be removing and greasing them up anyway and will take care of them at that time.

3 comments:

  1. I keep reloading the site but it's still raining men (hallelujah!). Weather or no, this is not what I was searching for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your project so far, I just plucked a little gem from the black berry bushes a week or two ago. It's a 1968 Aloha travel trailer,born and raised right here in Oregon, just like me, and probably in about the same shape ;) By the looks of your endevour, I'm not going to be far behind you. Keep up the good work,looking forward to updates,Later, Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, turn on your "non-adult" site filter. ;)

    Thanks Greg, I'd love to see some pic of your progress. We can mutually motivate each other (that sounds dirty?). I'm thinking you're going to have a longer build season in Oregon though. We'll be knee deep in snow in a few weeks here in Ontario. :)

    ReplyDelete