Welcome to my journey, or nightmare, we'll see how it goes. If this is your first time here you might want to start at the bottom and read up.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Flip it!



As you can see in the picture some of the paint just wouldn't come off with the wire-brushing. Scuffed up, but not totally removed. The grinder also couldn't get into the tight corners. This would be a job for another tool I purchased while at Princess Auto, a sand-blaster. The sand-blaster did a great job getting into the nooks and crannies the grinder couldn't reach. Also sandblasted all the paint and rust off the tongue, axle, and leaf springs. For a cheap sand-blaster I was impressed with how well it worked.

Got the idea of propping the trailer up on three points and using a bathroom scale one at a time at each point to figure out the total trailer weight. As long as the frame is kept level adding up the three numbers should be approximately equal to the total trailer weight. Total came in at approximately 350 lbs. Not a bad starting point although I think my goal of staying under 1000 lbs is going to be really tough, but it was light enough for my wife and I to flip the trailer upside down for the wire-brushing and sand-blasting of the underside.

No comments:

Post a Comment