Welcome to my journey, or nightmare, we'll see how it goes. If this is your first time here you might want to start at the bottom and read up.

Friday, September 3, 2010

There goes the neighbourhood...



All the walls removed, just the floor to go. It seems like the screwed this floor down into the frame with self tapping screws. Most are rusted solid so I think this is going to be a job for my trusty crowbar. Looking at the other less rotten side I can see now that the siding was attached at the bottom to a 2x? nailed to the underside of the floor on both sides with notches for the frame supports. I think I might forgo this skirt and just square off the siding at the frame/floor.

I might even attempt to gain a few inches in ceiling height by building up the walls and covering with a few inches of new aluminum at the bottom where it will hardly be noticed after painting to match?

No comments:

Post a Comment