Welcome to my journey, or nightmare, we'll see how it goes. If this is your first time here you might want to start at the bottom and read up.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Look at me when I'm talking to you!



One last option would be to use the paneling backwards and paint. This would mean filling in all nail holes and joints as they wouldn't be hidden with the "grooves". Think I might at least do this for the ceiling since this 1/8" thick paneling will bend much easier than 1/4" plywood. Also paneling "grooves" on the ceiling would definitely look terrible.

2 comments:

  1. Cool site, Guntr. It seems to me that it would have been easier to just raze the thing and rebuild the frame. I'm no carpenter but the time you would have saved bashing the thing apart with a sledge hammer could have been spent building a fresh frame. 2X2s aren't all that expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, I'm pretty much going to rebuild the frame, but wanted the sides more or less in tact for a pattern. 2x2s are cheap, but aluminum isn't and if I'm going to reuse the skin it's gotta be exactly the same design. Believe me, more than once I thought of hitching it up and driving under a low bridge.

    ReplyDelete