Welcome to my journey, or nightmare, we'll see how it goes. If this is your first time here you might want to start at the bottom and read up.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Raise the Roof!



I awoke Sunday morning to find my trailer still standing. I added some old boards to brace up the sides to prepare for removing the roof. I thought there were a lot of staples in the wall siding, but that was nothing compared to what awaited me in the roof.

After removing the corner trim that had screws about every two inches, and silicone by a previous owner, there were then finishing nails and staples about every inch along each edge. Then, contrary to usual trailer construction I've read about, there were nails every two inches along every second roof truss. These I couldn't access from the outside due to the slopped on taring job also done by a previous owner. Most I was able to pry loose from the inside, but the ones around the roof vent were impossible to get at. I ended up using a reciprocating saw to cut the trusses around the vent and take the works off with the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment