Welcome to my journey, or nightmare, we'll see how it goes. If this is your first time here you might want to start at the bottom and read up.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

United we stand...



... divided we fall. Removing the ceiling "material" left no support for these roof trusses that had completely rotted away from the wall. As bad as it is I was impressed with how good the aluminum siding looks from the inside.

BTW, I don't think I mentioned it earlier, but in addition to removing the walls and ceiling, I removed all the old fiberglass insulation that was between the studs. Some wasn't in that bad a shape, but figure it wasn't worth saving to attempt to fit back in like a crazy jigsaw puzzle later.

Somewhere around this point I decided that this restoration was going to have to go all the way. i.e. remove windows, siding, structural framing, and floor to sand and paint trailer frame and fix structural framing completely and properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment